A lubao is an amalgam of fermented powder to shrimp which, as it slowly breaks down, releases nutrients, tannin, probiotics and biofilm. This represents a constant supply of elements participating in the biological balance and the development of beneficial bacteria. Floating or fast-growing plants play a regulating role with regard to water parameters, and they are strongly recommended in conjunction with a lubao.
For a cycled aquarium:
– Soak the lubaos for three days in osmosis water.
– Change the water in the container at least once a day, several times is better.
– Put the lubao in the aquarium.
To cycle an aquarium
– Just put the lubao at the end of the cycling period.
– Check the water parameters regularly.
– Remove the lubao if the tank remains unbalanced, and wait until everything is perfect to properly receive shrimps.
Every aquarium is different, and an aquarium low in bacteria will react differently than an aquarium high in bacteria. Parameter monitoring is necessary especially during the first use, especially for ammonia.
Local pick up, Montreal
If you choose this option, pick up on site, a minimum notice of 24 hours is required to agree on a schedule.
If you choose this option, please consider that packages are prepared in advance and shipped every Friday.
For example, if you place an order on Friday, that order will be part of the next Friday’s shipment.
It is therefore recommended to choose your items no later than Thursday to minimize the wait.
Each shipment is prepared with care.